Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [F24] stop overreacting about my boyfriend [M28] of 2 years having drinks with a female colleague at his place on our anniversary?

I'm sorry the title was a mouthful.

So, my boyfriend is on a work term 2.5 hours from where I am. We see each other every 2-3 weeks. Tomorrow is Canada Day which marks the second year anniversary of our first date. We usually celebrate it by going out to the bar but due to distance, this holiday being a random Wednesday, and COVID-19, we won't be. He told me today over the phone tonight that he invited two colleagues (male and female) to his roofs to have drinks a while back. However, the two colleagues had a spat over a sexist remark the guy made and he's not coming anymore, so it'll be just him and the girl for a "couple of hours" at his place.

I know it's 100% reasonable to hang out with colleagues outside of work, but it stings a little that it's our anniversary and he'll be with a female I'm not familiar with. He also kept playing it down saying he was dreading it so much, this girl is way too high-strung, but somehow it made me feel worse, like he was overcompensating. And he just told me everything the night before.

So Reddit, could you slap some sense into me and tell me I'm over-reacting?

TL;DR! Boyfriend is spending a couple of hours having drinks with a girl from work tomorrow on our anniversary.



Submitted June 30, 2020 at 08:20PM by RAThrowHoliday2020 https://ift.tt/2BtFEfc
How do I [F24] stop overreacting about my boyfriend [M28] of 2 years having drinks with a female colleague at his place on our anniversary? How do I [F24] stop overreacting about my boyfriend [M28] of 2 years having drinks with a female colleague at his place on our anniversary? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.