Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Great boyfriend, gut feeling to breakup?

I (21 F) have been dating my boyfriend (25 M) for about 1.5 years now. I love him so much and he is the most compassionate, understanding person I've ever been with. He makes sure I feel heard, seen and understood. We also have lots of similar interests (music, games etc) and are studying the same subject. And my parents like him.

However, I cant seem to shake this gut feeling that this isn't meant to be. At the start of the relationship I thought it was just fear of commitment that had me terrified. But now I am completely at war with myself. I really enjoy spending time with him and I see him as my best friend, but sometimes i feel an intense need to run away from the relationship because 'something isn't right'.

I think it comes down to his lack of motivation and poor organization/money habits. I am a dreamer, always had big goals, BUT I also work very hard to achieve them. He has almost exact the exact same dreams as me, which is amazing and rare, but I hardly see him put anything beyond minimal effort to achieve these. It drives me mad because he has so much potential and is incredibly smart, but I am a lot more successful despite being younger. I am okay with being the breadwinner as a woman but this makes me worry about our future because I am not sure if I can rely on him to get things done when I need help or things get hard.

We are getting closer and closer to a point where where marriage is on the table. Some days I think its a wonderful idea and I cant see myself with anyone else, but other days i am terrified to be 'trapped' in the relationship. I love him. He is my best friend, confidant, greatest supporter and he makes me laugh, but I still feel unsatisfied in the relationship. Should I break up with him? and how? It would crush his heart :(

TL;DR : Boyfriend of 1.5yrs is my best friend, treats me amazing, has common interests and my family loves him. BUT I find him unmotivated, lazy and have a gut instinct to break up. What do I do?



Submitted March 23, 2020 at 12:45PM by zzbb98 https://ift.tt/2xWOfVE
Great boyfriend, gut feeling to breakup? Great boyfriend, gut feeling to breakup? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 23, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.