Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22) Mother (46) Won't Stop Stealing My Identity

I'll start off by saying that my mother and I don't have the best relationship. I ran away from home when I was 18 years old and I haven't really looked back since. I won't go into too much detail, but I'll say that she definitely was not ready to be a mother, and spent most of my childhood chasing men in some attempt to live through the teenage years she herself did not get to enjoy due to her own abuse.

When I was younger, I remember lying to my aunt about bills coming to my mother's house with her name on them. I didn't know what it meant at the time, but now that I'm older I know it means my mother was using her sister's social security number to get loans and to put them on bills without my mother's credit having to take a hit for the late payments. There was a huge fallout when her actions were discovered, and our family has been pretty broken up since (due to this and other manipulative/abusive behavior from my mother).

Today I tried to sign myself up for insurance (I've changed jobs and they don't provide it for my position), and discovered that my mother has been taking loans for her cars under my name using my own social security account. I'm now unable to get insurance at the moment since I can't answer half of the security questions they've provided (since they all pertain to her own auto loans and address), and I've got to live with a cavity that's giving me a steadily increasing ache in my gums. I'm about to give her a call to ask her what she thinks she's doing, but should I press for anything further? I don't have a credit card so I haven't been checking for myself just how it's been affecting my credit, though I'm almost certain that she's wrecking it. Should I push for legal repercussions? What's the best way to get her to stop?

TL;DR: My mother is using my social security number to put on bills and get loans without her having to face any consequences for not paying them on time. I can't get insurance because half of the security questions revolve around her payments/location; what should I do to keep her from doing this again?



Submitted March 31, 2020 at 03:25PM by chikpeaa https://ift.tt/3byWKF4
My (22) Mother (46) Won't Stop Stealing My Identity My (22) Mother (46) Won't Stop Stealing My Identity Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.