Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (F33) slowly but steadily reject a co-worker's (F42?) friendship?

It's all complicated and I won't stand there as the good guy I'm sure but I just need advice on how to reject someone's friendship. Yes, this sounds mean, and I guess it is, but she's just not my cup of tea. We became "friends" during a Christmas party as we were the only ones not up for going to a sports bar after Christmas dinner, and that was ok but now she texts me almost daily even though I don't really want to be her friend. Thing is also that she is in love with another coworker that I'm friends with and she's desperately wanting attention from him, always interrupting a conversation between him and me (or used to before the lockdown) and hinting at "ooh we can invite the coworker" wink wink which makes me uncomfortable as he also doesn't seem to be interested in a friendship with her/meeting up, and this adds to the discomfort that I'm feeling as I feel like as if I'm being exploited for being friends with this guy only so that she can get closer to him. Apart from that it feels as if she clings to people who have no choice but talk to her as they happen to work with her, she's not malevolent but just talks and talks (about not a lot) and doesn't understand when it gets too much for people or when they distance themselves from her. I get that getting rejected sucks, but I also feel as if I get forced into something I don't want to participate in. How can I gently create some distance without upsetting that person as I also have to work with her for a bit (though it's remotely, but she has my number and that)?

Tldr; how can I "unfriend" someone I don't really care that much about?



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 11:44AM by HelloTristesse2 https://ift.tt/3dFPetW
How do I (F33) slowly but steadily reject a co-worker's (F42?) friendship? How do I (F33) slowly but steadily reject a co-worker's (F42?) friendship? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.