Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [22F] have never seen my boyfriend [24M] eat

This is an odd problem but bear with me...

We have been together 3 months. He was overweight when we started dating, I'd describe him as chubby but not in an unhealthy way, he is quite muscular and has lost quite a bit of weight from his highest.

He will drink in front of me and drinks a lot of fruit smoothies and also makes his own with berries and stuff. I genuinely didn't notice that he doesn't eat in front of me until about 5 weeks in (he always managed to avoid it and said he ate earlier etc). I cooked him some food without telling him and brought it to him and he had such a look of panic and said he wasn't hungry. I pointed out that we had been together two days straight and he hadn't eaten.

I then asked him why he didn't eat, and he said that he gets anxiety eating in front of most people and in time it would go away. He said that it developed because he had been mocked for his weight his whole life by his family and friends and he felt judged no matter what he ate. I told him i wouldn't judge him and it was okay. He seems to know it's irrational.

He has been losing weight rapidly, partly because we have been spending so much time together. I worry that I'm accidentally starving him?? We decided to isolate together and he moved into my place temporarily (early I know but we figured this would test our relationship and we couldn't imagine being apart).

The eating problem hasn't gotten any better. He is deliberately losing weight but I don't think he needs to lose much more. He is now a healthy weight and looks great but we haven't made any progress with his anxiety. I thought maybe he might eat a fruit salad in front of me? Nope. Yoghurt no, soup nope, I'm losing it here..

I don't want to keep inadvertently starving him and I want us to be able to eat together. I asked if he wanted me to give him more space so he could eat more and he said no, he liked that he was losing weight so quickly and he is "barely eating anyway" and just "lives off smoothies". I feel bad for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions? He is actually getting therapy already but he stopped due to the lockdown.

Tldr; never seen my boyfriend eat becuase he has anxiety eating in front of me. He is losing weight rapidly and I worry that I'm starving him now that we live together.



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 07:06PM by 78jkk https://ift.tt/3bBS6WR
I [22F] have never seen my boyfriend [24M] eat I [22F] have never seen my boyfriend [24M] eat Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.