Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Husband (20M) restricts the money I get from family (19F). Is this abusive?

Hi everyone, this might be a long one so thank you for reading if you do. Please don’t be mean.

Me and my Husband have been together for 3 years now. We met online and he is American, I’m German. I moved here the past year to live with him. We had lots of fights, near breakups and crying but we still managed to get through everything. Last month we got married and now we are trying to start the green card process.

Also important to notice that while living here right now, I can’t work and I can’t open a bank account or have a card. The money my family sends me goes to his card so I have an opportunity on spending it.

Now to my issue: I have noticed that the last couple of months when we went grocery shopping or I wanted to buy myself some new clothes I wasn’t allowed to. He restricts what I eat, because I’m “unhealthy“. He tells me that the money I put on his card Is “ours”. He works and pays rent, which I wish I could help him with but he still does it. He never asks me to contribute to it only when he’s short. I have no choice over what he spends money on but he says it’s our money. Now I know that he does that to a point where I can’t spend the money on stuff we can’t afford but all I want is to access the money I get from my family to buy groceries I like or idk dinner once in a while. I have no choice over that money and he holds it against me saying that it’s our money but yet I can’t spend any of it by my choice. I feel isolated, I have no responsibility and I feel like I live off of him. He makes me feel like a child. He shouts at me when I ask for candy or to get something that I would like to eat that is over a specific price yet I know that the money I put on there would be enough. He tells me he has to manage my eating, my spending because I can’t. He makes me feel like I can’t handle money but I have been for years before I even met him. Am I wrong or may this be abusive? Idk anymore. I wish I wasn’t in a situation like this even though I do love him.

TL;DR husband chooses what I can do with my money and forces me to go by his spending rules. I have no responsibility.



Submitted March 30, 2020 at 02:55PM by mayolawak https://ift.tt/2ylhVfu
My Husband (20M) restricts the money I get from family (19F). Is this abusive? My Husband (20M) restricts the money I get from family (19F). Is this abusive? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.