Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think I (26m) need to end my relationship with my fiance (27f)

So, let me start by saying that my parents are terrible people. They had me when they were both 15 and in highschool, and I guess they weren't prepared for the realities of raising a child. Long story short, my childhood sucked and I started living with a friend's family when I was 14 (and no, my parents didn't care whatsoever). CPS was called multiple times throughout my childhood, but nothing ever came of it.

My parents had another child, my sister, 2 years ago. I did not know about her until somewhat recently. Once I found out she existed, I went to my parents home for the first time in 7 years. Again, long story short, I ended up taking her from the house and started the process of gaining emergency custody (and eventually full custody). So everything worked out for me and her on that front.

Now to the issue: my fiance (partner of 5 years) does not like that my sister is living with us now. She has been unhappy about it from the start, but she used to say that she understood it was necessary. Now that I have full legal custody, and will be responsible for my sister for the next 16 years and likely longer, she has completely changed her mind. She wants me to find another place for my baby sister to live, and is saying stuff about how she "isn't ready to be responsible for a child" and that I am rushing her into becoming a mom, which she says she doesn't want right now.

The thing is, I can't just send my sister away. She is two years old I've already bonded with her, and I can tell she loves me too, as best as an abused toddler can. I want to keep her safe and take care of her and show her how much I already love her. I feel that my fiance is being incredibly cold hearted, and is showing an extreme lack of empathy.

I used to love my fiance more than anything else in the world, but now I feel like I can't respect her at all, much less love her. I can feel an ultimatum coming, and I already know who I am going to pick. And even if it never gets to that point, I don't know if I could marry this woman anymore, seeing as she seems to hate my sister (a TODDLER) so much. Am I right in this? Am I justified in leaving this relationship over this?

TLDR: My fiance, who used to (reluctantly) accept it, is now strongly against me (and by extension, her) being responsible for raising my 2 year old sister. She has no other family that I trust to go with, and besides that, I don't want to send her away. Am I justified in ending our relationship?



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 02:47PM by fiancevssister https://ift.tt/2JqKt9H
I think I (26m) need to end my relationship with my fiance (27f) I think I (26m) need to end my relationship with my fiance (27f) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.