Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (24F) being too insecure and unfair over bf’s (27M) best friend (26F)?

My boyfriend (10 months) doesn’t talk to her much currently, but they’ve been through some serious tough times together in the past. They’ve known each other since they were young teens and were always there for each other. I’m 100% fine with their friendship. However, I’m not fine with how he keeps a polaroid of them together in his wallet, or how his passwords all contain her name.

I explained to him how I don’t think this is normal while you’re in a relationship with somebody else. He agrees, but still defends his actions. He said that he’d been using the same password for years and that it is muscle memory now, and to change them would be a hassle. I understand this but I’m still upset over it. For the polaroid, he said he keeps a special token of everyone close to him. The photo reminds him of a special memory with that friend. However, when the topic of keeping a photo of me in his wallet came up, he said he didn’t want it. Reasoning was because the token has to be something personalised to that friend, and since his friend was artsy and liked photography, he chose it. He doesn’t want a polaroid of me because it’s not “in the moment” or special.

Am I being too insecure over this? I’m certain he has no feelings for her, but at times my mind wanders and I feel like I’m an intruder in their friendship. I feel like if I weren’t here, they would be together. He keeps reassuring me that they’re platonic and that they were never and will never be together. He also says that if they didn’t meet when they were teenagers, they wouldn’t be friends now as they’re so different. He doesn’t understand why I am upset. Every time he reassures me and explains I accept it. But I always get this nagging feeling like I’m in the way.

TLDR; bf has an extremely close friend. Keeps a photo of them together in his wallet. Has her name in his passwords (before we even met) but doesn’t understand why I’m upset over it. Am I being too insecure even when he’s given me valid explanations?



Submitted March 28, 2020 at 09:48AM by busleaf https://ift.tt/3dDU4YE
Am I (24F) being too insecure and unfair over bf’s (27M) best friend (26F)? Am I (24F) being too insecure and unfair over bf’s (27M) best friend (26F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.