Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I[19F] moved back home from college and my weeaboo sister[28F] is driving me nuts

TL;DR at the bottom

Because of the pandemic, and how my college happens to be in a very densely populated city that has hundreds of cases, I decided to move back home to self-isolate. My dad lives mostly with my step mother, and since my sister's hours at work were cut, it's just her and me in the house 4/7 days of the week.

My sister has been a huge anime fan for the vast majority of her life, and it seems like her life revolves around it. For example, rather than using Amazon's brave and wonderful employees to deliver essential household items/groceries during this time, she buys anime figurines.

But that's not the issue I need help with at the moment.

My sister is very vocal. She cannot keep quiet for very long and commentates on anything that happens.

Given this, she has developed a habit to incorporate some of the reaction sounds that she learns from anime in her daily life. She has no interest in actually learning the language. She'll just scream "NANDAYO?" or "KSAAA" at any and every t i n y inconvenience. She drops her pen? "ksaa!" Something happens in her video game "NANDAYO?!" She feels confused? "Eh? Nani?" it's a lot.

I get that anime is like, her thing, something that she really enjoys and is basically her culture at this point, but every time I hear it, I get so angry and annoyed that I can't even talk. I know that if I say anything, it'll come out mean/offensive/aggressive because I'm so fed up with it.

I don't want to offend her by criticizing her interests, but it's eating me alive inside so much that I can't even be in the same room as her most of the time, because I know that she's going to slip something in eventually. I don't think I could say anything without coming off as really rude and inconsiderate. Please help, I'm begging.

TL;DR: My sister keeps using words that she picked up from anime daily and often and I don't think I can deal with it for much longer. How can I cope with my seething rage every time I hear "nandayo"?

edit: spelling



Submitted March 30, 2020 at 10:05PM by h0ld_the_phone https://ift.tt/39wNM9Z
I[19F] moved back home from college and my weeaboo sister[28F] is driving me nuts I[19F] moved back home from college and my weeaboo sister[28F] is driving me nuts Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.