Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my (21F) boyfriend (24M) gets nervous to tell me he's doing things without me

My boyfriend and I have been dating a little over a year and are very happy. We have plans to move in together soon and have an overall great relationship.

This one problem has existed for the whole time we've dated - he gets nervous about doing anything that doesn't include me (going out with the boys, playing video games etc). I have absolutely no problems with any of these thing at all! In fact, I consider it a vital part of a healthy relationship to have individual lives and friends.

The thing is before me, he was with a girl who was quite emotionally abusive. She would get very angry and make a huge scene whenever she wasn't his sole focus. He wasn't allowed to see friends or anything. Because of this, he flinches whenever he tells me he's going to do something on his own. Even though I understand where it comes from, it still creates some tension as he sometimes feels pressure to loads of time with me to be a 'good' boyfriend, which isn't what I want! Also, he gets a big defensive because he used to have to defend what he was doing and why... which makes me feel crappy because I don't want him to feel he has to be like that.

Any advice?

TL;DR my boyfriend's scars from an old relationship mean he's nervous that i'll get mad if he does things without me



Submitted March 27, 2020 at 09:24AM by TypicalPractice https://ift.tt/2UJXvnI
my (21F) boyfriend (24M) gets nervous to tell me he's doing things without me my (21F) boyfriend (24M) gets nervous to tell me he's doing things without me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.