Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26F) little brother (20M) spraypainted a chicken and it died

Interesting title, huh? Well, this incident happened 6 years ago, and I just found out about it last night.

I was talking with my brothers (older brother is 28) in our group chat and my little brother kept bringing up this "funny story" about how he "accidentally" killed a chicken with his friend when he was 14. Both me and our older brother told him that it wasn't funny, but my younger brother's defense was that he only spraypainted the body, while his friend spraypainted the face of the chicken, which is what killed it.

This turned into me and my older brother attempting to get our younger brother to understand where, regardless of if the chicken died, it was abusive and harmful. Our little brother didn't appreciate our concern about how amused he was by this, and he kept going on and on about how terrible chickens are and how they are just "programming, like bugs". He feels this way because it was his duty for a summer to feed our family's chickens every day and he says they attacked him while he was feeding them.

I feel that it's extremely concerning that he takes his subjective negative experience as an excuse to enjoy memories of him abusing an animal--to the point of its death.

Oh, and a side note: he left the body of the spraypainted chicken on its owner's doorstep, which he thought was hysterical. He said he did it because he likes to "make people think". I'm really mad about that part because neither the chicken nor the owner did anything wrong. Now one is dead and the other was expected to... "think"?

Think about what, how cruel and demented some people are!?

Sorry for the rambling, I just don't know what to do. He got very defensive and is obviously angry about being criticised for laughing about his own abusive actions towards a chicken. Is this the point where I should just cut my losses? I (and my husband) just paid his phone bill Saturday night because he couldn't afford it himself, I care about him a great deal, I've always (since being an adult) tried to lend him a hand in life because our parents are so neglectful and abusive themselves. But I don't want to be extending myself out for people who are exhibiting seriously abusive traits and see no harm in it, just like our parents.

What do I do? Did I overreact by criticizing this behavior?

TLDR: little brother spraypainted a chicken, it died, he left its body on its owner's doorstep, and he's mad that I find this all very disturbing



Submitted March 30, 2020 at 08:04PM by IsKillingChickensFun https://ift.tt/2UPtHq4
My (26F) little brother (20M) spraypainted a chicken and it died My (26F) little brother (20M) spraypainted a chicken and it died Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.