Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I want to stop texting my girlfriend. But the situation is so confusing I don't know what to do.

We've been in a long distance relationship for 1.5 years. We're both in lockdown now, and busy with university.

She [21F] has gotten really cold and indifferent in the past few days and I [23M] feel more like a nuisance than her actual boyfriend. She avoids my chat, leaves me on read but stays online a lot.

The reason why I said the situation is confusing is this: she hasn't deleted any of our pics on social media, a week ago she posted a picture of us tagging me and saying how much she missed me, and sometimes, even these silent days, we text before going to bed and a bit of sexting happens, with her saying stuff she definitely wouldn't say if she didn't feel it.

At the same time, she ghosts me, ignores me, leaves me on read, disappears, posts stories with depressing songs about "leaving" or "nothing is like it used to be" (she's done it in the past and it had nothing to do with me, but still), and generally gives off a vibe of disinterest and indifference.

Yesterday she asked me if I had a particular picture she had sent me, so today I went through all of the old pics we had sent each other in order to find it. Nostalgia hit like a train, so I sent her some old pics, commenting them in a cute way (I wasn't trying to play nostalgia games with her, seeing those pics was actually really heartwarming for me and I just wanted to share them) and she just replied "[my name], please stop".

So yeah, I'm sick of this shit. I want to stop contacting her, because I'm no one's doormat. I don't want to discuss her emotional distance yet though, because I know it will only add to the pressure she's already under and it might make her react in a really bad way. I've also been paranoid in the past, so I can't afford to look paranoid or anxious right now. I'm already someone she barely wants to contact, so acting like the clingy and worried one would just turn her off.

But going no contact is so hard, especially because sometimes she shares some little thing about her life with me (a picture, an event, something) and I just can't resist and I'll reply. But then the conversation doesn't last long and she goes cold again, so I'm always the one who gets his hopes up and loses miserably.

TL;DR: I'm sick and tired of being treated like a nuisance. I feel neglected and whenever I talk to my girlfriend I always feel like I'm pestering her. Since I don't want to bring this up yet, I want to go no contact, but I'm having a hard time doing this.

What should I do? Thanks in advance.



Submitted March 27, 2020 at 05:21AM by bleep_bloop192837465 https://ift.tt/2vYbBty
I want to stop texting my girlfriend. But the situation is so confusing I don't know what to do. I want to stop texting my girlfriend. But the situation is so confusing I don't know what to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.