Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Bestfriend turned girlfriend [27] cheated on me[28] with her boss while I was planning a proposal

Hey Reddit, been a long time lurker of this sub, have always been hoping I'd never need to rant here, but I guess life has its way...

I met this girl 10 years ago in school and we hit off almost immediately. Were there for each other through the ups and downs of high school life including break ups and the likes. We had such similar perspectives and I'd always knew she was how I wanted my life partner to be.

Fast forward 6 years later, by some miracle we ended up dating, to the delight of almost everyone within our social circle. Needless to say, I was overjoyed to finally be dating the girl of my dreams. I loved and pampered her endlessly.

After landing a great job, and a promotion a year later, I'd begun looking for rings and planning our ideal proposal.

Now all these while, apart from our usual quarrels, I'd never noticed anything amiss. I trusted her fully, and often encouraged her to socialize with her colleagues / friends etc. This often includes late night drinking sessions since we both enjoy tipping the occasional bottle back.

One night in December, I recalled her replying my texts a little slower, only reaching home at 6 in the morning. Found it a little odd, but didn't think much of it. Over the months, this happened with increasing regularity.

Finally decided to kick up a fuss last night when she decided to drink alone with her male boss, and as usual, she reassured me that everything was alright and she would slow down her partying lifestyle. The conflict continued because my gut told me that something was amiss.

Rushed back home after work and decided to question her about the night prior. After much digging she reluctantly admitted to kissing him. That was when I snapped. We'd always been extremely clear about any form of cheating since we both had experienced the heartache of a cheating partner, and here she was doing the same thing to me.

I suspected that there was more she wasn't telling me and continued to probe. Found out that she slept with him the night she was out in December. Said she regretted in so much, and begged for my forgiveness. Insisted it was a one off thing but that didn't tally, since she'd just kissed him the night before.

I dumped her then, despite how much I was hurting.

I must admit to regressing in terms of keeping fit, gaining a few pounds over the years. Not overweight though, but definitely not as attractive. I'm so worried I wouldn't be able to get over her, and find someone else. Would be great to have some reassurances. Never experienced such intense heartbreak.

TL;DR : Almost proposed to my bestfriend, but found out she'd slept with her boss at least once. Probably more.



Submitted February 28, 2020 at 03:37PM by Passiff https://ift.tt/38aE2l5
Bestfriend turned girlfriend [27] cheated on me[28] with her boss while I was planning a proposal Bestfriend turned girlfriend [27] cheated on me[28] with her boss while I was planning a proposal Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.