Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

There’s something very wrong with my mother

I (35F) have always known that something was “off” about my mother (who’s now 75), but it seems to be getting worse with age.

My whole life, she refused to support me in anything I did. She discouraged me from playing sports, from joining things like Girl Scouts, even from attending classmates’ birthday parties. She said those things were “stupid”. It’s like she wanted me isolated and alone, at home, with her only.

She also was extremely jealous of me, which I didn’t realize as a child, but I see very clearly now. She never wanted to hear about anything good that was happening with me and she never took a real interest in my life. Any support she offered was very superficial and fleeting. She would never help me with my problems, and made me feel like a burden for even bringing them up.

If I bought a clothing item, she would go out and buy the same one and then prance in front of me saying, “See? I can wear it too”.

Now, we live on opposite coasts and whenever I talk to her on the phone, she cannot stand to hear anything good about my life, to the point where she gets angry and will end our conversation just to stop hearing about my life. It’s like me expressing myself and my happiness KILLS her.

Honestly, it’s scary because she very clearly hates me. It’s not normal, the level of malice that she has for me. I don’t know what’s wrong with her and I don’t know what to do.

TLDR: My mother hates me



Submitted February 29, 2020 at 03:35PM by itsanybodysguesss https://ift.tt/2TapnBU
There’s something very wrong with my mother There’s something very wrong with my mother Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.