Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How should I [24F] tell my friend/housemate [29F] that we want to move on without her?

Me, my boyfriend and our friend all live together and our rent tenancy ends in summer. My boyfriend broke the news to our friend the other day, and she immediately started panicking about finding a new place and starting asking us to move together to a new place.

The only issue is that I don't want to live with her anymore.

She and my bf are good mates so he's indifferent towards the situation, but I feel as though downsizing to a small two-bed is going to magnify all the issues that our friend and I have swept under the carpet.

Firstly and most importantly, I don't trust her. She can be very manipulative and she has been openly unsupportive of mine and my bf's relationship, and emotionally she's high maintenance and fragile, meaning she occasionally blurts out her true (and unflattering) feelings towards me. I could usually put up with this, but I struggle with mental health of my own and often don't have the capacity to deal with her mood swings as well as mine. She's jealous - whenever I come into any money or any good luck she spends the rest of the day pouting. She's messy, she's helped us clean the house twice in her one year tenancy, she expects us to wash her dishes for her etc. She doesn't have a good amount of steady income and sometimes finds herself unable to pay us back for bills until the next month...the list goes on.

Despite all the above, we are OK friends and she can be good fun, but I guess because of my nature I find it exhausting to keep up with her. Living in a small space could ruin what friendship we have.

She's desperate to keep living with us, so how can I politely but firmly let her know that we will be moving on without her, without hurting her feelings or causing more drama? I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just want us all to have quiet and worry-free living arrangements.

Tl;dr : we need to move house in summer, but I want to move on without our current housemate. How can I tell her politely and firmly that we will be moving onto the next place without her?



Submitted February 26, 2020 at 03:10PM by throwawaynumber46367 https://ift.tt/387xbsl
How should I [24F] tell my friend/housemate [29F] that we want to move on without her? How should I [24F] tell my friend/housemate [29F] that we want to move on without her? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.