Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My coworker gave my number to someone who just ended a relationship and I’m angry

My coworker went to visit another department in our facility and I told her to say hi to a guy for me that I had just eaten lunch next to in the break room.

She got the idea to give him my number. She knows I’m actively using dating apps so maybe she thought she was doing something good. She was all giggly and excited and proceeded to tell me that he’s very nice and a good guy and that she was excited for me.

The guy texted me an hour later and we got chatting. Turns out he’s SUPER sweet and expressed how happy he was that he got my number. He’s very enthusiastic through text and has talked to me every day, all day. He’s extremely flirtatious which threw me off because he’s very quiet and seemed innocent. But I was beginning to think this could potentially go somewhere!

Until I had asked if he had Instagram. Which he said he does but doesn’t post anything so I didn’t push further...yet he follows other of my coworkers? Okay, no problem. But I had a weird feeling.

So I asked my coworker if he has recently gotten out of a relationship. And low and behold...he just got out of 3 year relationship 2 weeks ago... My coworker got really sad when I started shaking my head and said “no, no, This is a red flag.” She then proceeded to plead with me and asked me to not let it change anything because he’s a good guy and that he likes me and that he was unhappy with his relationship and checked out of it a long time ago, yada yada. I told her I wasn’t cool with that because I’m genuinely looking for something real, not be someone’s rebound.

It bothered me a lot more than it should because I thought this guy’s interest was genuine and we were already making plans to hangout for dinners and spring break. He also started wanting me to visit work earlier so we can hangout for a bit and even take lunches at the same time. I was hopeful. But now I feel used.

Should I bring it up to him that I know he just got out of relationship and opt out now while I should?

Tl;dr Coworker gave a guy my number because she knew I was actively dating but this guy just got out of a long term relationship 2 weeks ago and now I feel like a rebound, which upsets me because I was starting to like him.



Submitted February 28, 2020 at 06:58PM by ferrrele https://ift.tt/3aiDbjQ
My coworker gave my number to someone who just ended a relationship and I’m angry My coworker gave my number to someone who just ended a relationship and I’m angry Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.