Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband has gone insane - what do I do?

Backstory:
About a month ago, there was a boil water notice in the next town over. This is the same town where my husband works - so his work was affected. In our town there was no boil water notice and nothing was wrong; our water was and is still safe to drink. My husband has since gone insane as he believes the water is contaminated and not safe to use.

Since this boil water notice:

A) My husband has removed all water connections for sinks. The only water we are allowed to use comes from a cistern in the garage. My husband fills pots from the garden hose to boil. The water is boiled and then dumped in this cistern as "safe" water. He spends hours doing this.

B) We are no longer allowed to drink water from any source but either a bottle or the cistern.

C) We can no longer take showers. We must carry buckets of water that we get from the cistern and pour that over ourselves to shower.

D) The washing machine is chained shut. All washing must be done by hand with water from the cistern.

E) My husband physically removed the dishwasher from the kitchen. Dishes have to be washed by hand with water from the cistern.

F) Any water we cook with must be from the cistern.

Basically, any time a normal person would use a sink or shower or anything requiring water, we must get the water from this cistern. My husband has gone completely nuts, we have had multiple people from the water company, the town we live in, even some engineering companies come test the water and nothing is wrong with it! He refuses to listen. This is getting to be too much for me and our 8 y.o. boy. I am a stay at home mom and so is my best friend/neighbor. She is nice enough to let me do laundry, shower, even sometimes cook at her house to avoid this nonsense. Please someone help me - I think he need professional help but who does he need to see? How can I get hime to realize that the water is safe?

tl;dr: my husband refuses to let me/our son use water that hasn't been boiled - what do I do?



Submitted February 27, 2020 at 07:17PM by 2afijak https://ift.tt/3abbV6x
Husband has gone insane - what do I do? Husband has gone insane - what do I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.