Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (35m) mother (54f) got married yesterday and I found out on social media.

I'm not sure how to start this out, so I'm just going to lay it all out. My mom is the very definition of a narcissist which she has proven time and time again. She only really communicates with me or my younger siblings if she has something to gain. The only exception was a few months ago when my brother was in the ICU, almost dying. She actually showed up, and at first was somewhat caring. This only lasted 24 hours because she literally took a picture of my brother who had a feeding tube, and was in a medically induced coma, and posted it on Facebook for sympathy for herself. There are plenty more examples if needed, but that's the most recent, excluding the one in the title. Not really an exception.

So she ended up getting married yesterday and posted it on Facebook. I only found out because a mutual friend asked about the wedding. It was extremely awkward when I had no clue what this person was talking about. I checked her Facebook, and there's wedding pictures of her and her new husband. At first, I was extremely upset because this is something you would think should at the very least, be communicated with your children, even if it's by text. I've turned from anger to feeling like garbage as the day has progressed.

My feelings right now are mainly that she holds no value on any of her children or grand children. She's disregarded us from her life and married someone that looks around my age. It feels like she looks at us as an obligation to occasionally keep in touch with.

She does things like this every few years, where she'll do something so drastic and life changing, that it makes me feel so low about myself. I'm sick of feeling this way so I'm really considering cutting her out permanently. I feel like I might be overreacting, but I also know I'm much better off without her in my life. I'm really not sure what to think and feel like I'm going through some sort of greif. I'm looking for help dealing with these feelings of anger, greif and even hate that I'm feeling. Is this a relationship worth fighting for?

Tldr: Mom is a narcissit parent that got married yesterday. My siblings and I found out after we saw a post on Facebook. I'm thinking of cutting her off and looking for guidance. Sorry if I'm allover the place.



Submitted February 25, 2020 at 05:12PM by Idiocracy13 https://ift.tt/2T0KlTZ
My (35m) mother (54f) got married yesterday and I found out on social media. My (35m) mother (54f) got married yesterday and I found out on social media. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.