Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (42) life has absolutely fallen to pieces....should I go back to my ex partner who cheated on me?

I'm truly astounded at how badly my life has crumbled. In the past 18 months:

- my ex-husband moved from NY to England. This completely shocked me and now he can only see our 14 year old son on rare occasions.

- my partner of 5 years (who I lived with) cheated on me, so I moved out. My son and I live in a small two bedroom apartment.

- due to an unexpected restructuring, I lost my job of 15 years back in July. Despite trying pretty much everything (upgrading my skills, using headhunters, networking, being willing to accept lower pay, having a professional re-do my resume, hitting the pavement, joining Linkedin, treating job searching like a full time job), here I am 7 months later still unemployed. I'm blowing through my savings despite living very frugally.

- my mother was diagnosed with an illness and requires a lot more help. I'm going out to stay with her every weekend. This is depressing and I feel completely scared and alone while helping her.

Now for the icing on the cake: my sweet 14 year old has decided unexpectedly that he really wants to go live with his dad (I know his dad was pushing for this but I truly did not think my son would be interested). His school finishes in May and he wants to move right after that.

Y'all, I'm absolutely broken. Shattered. The thought of losing my son fills me with cold dread. But I know I can't stand in his way if he wants to go. But also, I'm not in any financial position to be visiting much, so I'll barely see him as he grows up.

I have absolutely nothing left. No job. No partner. I'm a total introvert so I don't really have any close friends anymore. My only child is leaving me. I still care for my ex partner (who was having an affair and didn't even bother to tell me....the other woman told me). I just don't trust him. But he's familiar and comfortable. And he wants me back. How stupid is it to entertain this idea? The thought of being completely alone in this world is just too much to take right now.

tldr: so many terrible things have happened that have turned my life into a nightmare....wondering if it makes sense to return to my ex partner.



Submitted February 25, 2020 at 06:27PM by StreetNefariousness7 https://ift.tt/2wOBBYn
My (42) life has absolutely fallen to pieces....should I go back to my ex partner who cheated on me? My (42) life has absolutely fallen to pieces....should I go back to my ex partner who cheated on me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.