Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend[21M] disheartened me[20F] about my biggest future dreams

I was born to an artist family and both my younger sister and I were raised to be artists. It's the main thing about me, it's my passion, it's the thing all my future dreams are made of. And almost everyone around me know how I'm so into art. And my biggest dream ever, is to have my art in my own exhibiton. To be able to create a gallery or something like that, one day. I'd sell my soul for it.

My boyfriend knew both my sister and I drew. But only today he wondered what her style was. I told him that she was kind of better than me. He wanted to see her art and I showed him some of her best pieces.

He really liked it. He said that he didn't expect her to be so talented at such a young age. And he said that she was really at least thirty times better than me.

He said: "Maybe you should leave the exhibition thing to her. Meanwhile you could just help her with her exhibition."

I tried not to show that I felt down and just laughed and said: "Yeah! It's something we've been planning to do together, anyways! We can both work on it and have OUR exhibition."

Then he said that she would definitely make more money than me so he suggested that maybe I should do something else. And at that point, I was so disappointed and disheartened that I couldn't keep talking anymore. I was about to cry.

He realized that and started asking me why I was feeling bad, that he was just being honest and I had many other areas I was so good at.

But it was honestly too horrible to hear someone I love and care for crashing my hopes and dreams and I've been crying for an hour now. But I am mad at myself for crying, too because I know I shouldn't be crying for what others tell me about my biggest dreams. I can do it anyways, as long as I believe in myself, I don't need anyone to believe in me.

But it was his disbelief in me that broke my heart this much. He is usually too upfront and will say whatever he thinks. But I'm now angry because he couldn't respect me and be a little more sensitive about my feelings. He is also into music and he is at the very beginning yet but I always try to keep his motivation up by asking him to show me his work and then I encourage him to do more of it. I find him very talented, but while there may be people who are a lot more talented than him, I never told him that directly.

I'm sad he couldnt be tender enough. And even though everything else about our relationship is right, I cannot help but think his too honest words may harm us a lot in the future. So maybe it's a lot better to end it, because of just this.

TL;DR I showed my bf my younger sister's artwork. He said hers was a lot better than mine and he said I should leave it to her, or maybe I could just help her to achieve my dreams.

Edit: I talked to him on the phone and said that I was really hurt. He said he was just joking to see my reaction.

Edit2: He wasn’t apolegetic at all. Instead he still thought he was right about it and he even said I was a horrible person for being jealous of my own sister instead of supporting her. “You think you’re better than her. If it wasn’t so, you wouldn’t get hurt when I told you that.” he said. I’m going to break up with him when we meet next time.

Edit3: He kept calling me repeatedly and said that he was sorry and that I was right. Then started explaining that he doesn’t make music anymore because he realized he was bad at it. “You should be open to criticism if you’re going to be an artist. And why would my opinion on your work matter? You’ll still do it if you want to.” he said.



Submitted April 03, 2019 at 07:11AM by thegirlofyavanna https://ift.tt/2WGIHFV
My boyfriend[21M] disheartened me[20F] about my biggest future dreams My boyfriend[21M] disheartened me[20F] about my biggest future dreams Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.