Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I tell my bf I own a house?

I live in a very expensive city but work part time and make a very nominal amount, this is enough for my rent and basic expenses as I don't own a car or have any debt. I grew up poor so I'm used to not shopping much and not eating out a lot.

However, I started dating someone about 7 months ago and we hope to be together long term. He makes a lot more than I do and spends a lot on eating out, so he's been picking up the tab for most of our dates. He recently mentioned that the thought of having to pay for both our lives forever was starting to weigh on him and asked me to consider getting a(nother) part time job.

I agreed that I would try and I started applying for jobs immediately after, but I also have a secret that's been weighing on me. Several years ago my father took out an overdraft to help me buy a house as an investment, and I paid into it when I was working full time. The house is worth much less than property where I live, but it's still an asset that I own that provides me with a security blanket, and the rent I receive from it goes into a bank account and I don't even touch it.

He has been open with me about how much he makes, and he knows how much I make, but I'm starting to wonder if I should tell him about my house? That I wouldn't be as big a burden on him as it seems like, and if we wanted to buy a house together in the future I would be open to selling it. But at the same time it's my security blanket that my father got for me to look out for me, and I feel like I have to protect it. I'm worried about when I eventually tell him he'll feel like I've been keeping a secret from him or financially burdening him.

TLDR: Not sure when is appropriate to tell bf I own a house



Submitted June 21, 2022 at 11:57PM by Intrepid_Daikon_6222 https://ift.tt/NiIZCzy
Should I tell my bf I own a house? Should I tell my bf I own a house? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 22, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.