Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How to communicate boundaries to a friend who was rejected

I (30f) have a friend (33m) who told me he's attracted to me and wanted to become my boyfriend. I turned him down when he told me this in a quite forward manner ("I won't date you"). The problem is after a couple of drinks that night, after he confessed his feelings and I rejected him, he still wanted to kiss me (he asked for a consent, so at least I could say "no" openly) and complimented my body. He also touched me (arm, waist, hand). I thought and still think it was too far and feel uneasy about it.

When we met lately he said things that were meant to be compliments on my physical appearance or tried to touch me or asked for a hello hug. I feel a little annoyed and don't want anything non-platonic with him.

Am I overreacting? How should I tell him to respect my boundaries? I was never extremely direct about physical contact or verbal boundaries, but I thought that when I move away, never touch him (except for hello/goodbye hugs) and look unhappy about "compliments" he gives me are clear enough signs that I don't appreciate this.

Tl;dr a friend wanted a romantic relationship, I rejected him and want to communicate boundaries because his behavior makes me uncomfortable



Submitted June 13, 2022 at 01:24AM by xmym https://ift.tt/5asq0nB
How to communicate boundaries to a friend who was rejected How to communicate boundaries to a friend who was rejected Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 13, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.