Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) boyfriend (M26) said he's glad I'm not up with beauty standards....

Because this means people won't find me attractive and he doesn't have to be jealous of me.

We were talking about people physical appearences and beauty standards in very general terms. I commented how I personally find very few people to be actually good-looking lately and I joked about it was probably because I'm either super selective (I'm not lol) or that I'm way too much in love with him to be truly looking around (I meant to gush over him a little). He probably didn't catch this up and went super personal on it. Cue his comment.

It rubbed me off the wrong way. I know I'm not a supermodel, I assume he notices that as well and I don't pretend him to say otherwise. I'm pretty basic, and I'm cute at best. I don't turn heads. It's fine by me. But... I didn't really NEED to hear it so cold and flat out of my SO mouth. I actually cried about it later. I know it's juvenile so I tried to not make a big deal out of It, but he noticed and confronted me about it. We actually had a bit of a discussion.

Idk, am I crazy to feel bad about it? I feel like it's wrong and toxic for me to be so much insecure, and he spoke the truth, but I can't help my feelings about it. He also said he finds me absolutely beautiful and his ideal woman to try and patch it up. I just don't like he doesn't believe anybody else could ever see me in the same way. He didn't offer another reading so I assume I understood him correctly.

Am I reading too much into it? I know the important thing is that he likes me, but for him to believe nobody else can find me attractive is disheartening. It's a backhanded compliment...I don't feel like I'm really good enough now.

TL;DR Boyfriend believes other people can't find me attractive. I'm sad about it and my ego is butthurt. Smack me back to reality pls.



Submitted June 19, 2022 at 05:56PM by pocketbugette https://ift.tt/4G2rEPN
My (24F) boyfriend (M26) said he's glad I'm not up with beauty standards.... My (24F) boyfriend (M26) said he's glad I'm not up with beauty standards.... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 20, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.