Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I am a 30M with my 30F fiancee, and her dad wants to see my finances

my future father-in-law is demanding to see my finances and my "bitcoin address" (he is under the impression I own a lot of bitcoin, which I sadly don't).

he wants to "protect his daughter" because I could "break up with her and run off with my safety net" (I have more pre-marital assets than she does, but we will both be working when the marriage starts so not sure what this means).

Another reason is that he doesn't want anything hidden from his daughter. But I have shown my fiancee these assets and where they are to create trust (to show I'm not spending money on a sugar baby or something). We've told her father that she has access to my accounts so there's no issue there. Yet he insists on seeing them for himself.

he is creating a hard time for her (threatening to cut her off) and threatening me by saying he won't ever trust me with his daughter. I don't really care, but of course my fiancee is hurt by this. Is this reasonable? We don't mind breaking ties with him if necessary, but I just want to see if people think this is reasonable and what I should do. Personally, I think it's an invasion of privacy and I don't want to succumb to his demands. I don't see any justification for him needing to know that.


tl;dr: future father-in-law is demanding to see my finances and "bitcoin address." is this reasonable?



Submitted June 12, 2022 at 12:54AM by the_stephback https://ift.tt/L2eS7g4
I am a 30M with my 30F fiancee, and her dad wants to see my finances I am a 30M with my 30F fiancee, and her dad wants to see my finances Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 12, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.