Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Going to break up with my girlfriend next weekend

Basically the title. I’ve [25M] been dating her [23F] for about a year and really truly love her. She is my best friend. We have a great relationship and really like each other but it is completely platonic. I told her it was bothering me a few months ago and then again two weeks ago and she said she wants to work on it, but nothing has changed. We both think her low libido might be due to her antidepressant and/or IUD, but she doesn’t feel comfortable going off of it and I don’t feel like it’s my place to ask her to do so.

Since I moved to NYC two months ago, where she lives, we haven’t even made out.

I would continue to tough it out but I’m young with plenty of options and I don’t think this is worth it. I’m not confident this is going to ever really change. We had sex regularly in the beginning but I’m wondering now if she was gong that because she felt like she needed to. I feel that after so long as basically friends I almost feel uncomfortable approaching sex with her.

The hardest part is that I’ve asked her why we don’t just be friends and she has told me she wouldn’t be able to. For reasons like jealousy and heartache. I understand. But the thought of losing her as a part of my life pains me.

This weekend she will go home for a funeral. I won’t let her know anything is wrong, I want her to enjoy time with family. But the weekend after she gets back I’m going to break up with her. It really sucks breaking up with someone I like, but this just isn’t working for me.

TLDR: My relationship with my girlfriend has turned completely platonic (not even making out). It’s not working for me anymore. Once she gets back from home I’m going to end things.



Submitted June 28, 2022 at 09:52PM by Poet_Plastic https://ift.tt/wKCMyux
Going to break up with my girlfriend next weekend Going to break up with my girlfriend next weekend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 29, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.