Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(31f) invasive mum(68f) got a key cut to my flat and never told me about it.

I'm renting my own flat after living in house shares and my mum is very nice and helpful but also the type to snoop through everything and move stuff around. She went to my place once to drop some furniture off for me and I left her the key while I was at work, thinking it was NBD, she would only be only there an hour max - big mistake.

I got back and she had been through every drawer moved everything around, including my bathroom drawers. She'd taken stuff like my razors and tampons out of a make up bag hidden at the back and put it all out on the shelves. She also went through a bag of clothes that I hadn't unpacked yet due to not having the furniture, and washed them all even though they were clean and had important stuff wrapped inside them. This caused me lots of issues including said important stuff going missing and video games going through the washing machine. Yes I've posted about that part before.

Anyway this was 6 weeks ago and since then I haven't let her there alone, she kept asking me for a spare key and I've kept saying no. She seemed to understand. However I visited her today with my brother and she's bought me a new TV cabinet which is lovely. My brother said he could drop it off for me as he was heading back and lives that way, and asked if I had a spare key. I said no.

My mum then said "I've got one I had one cut that time I was at yours." Which was 6 weeks ago and she's asked me for a spare key multiple times since then and I've said a firm No every time.

I asked why she had it and she said it's "in case I get locked out". But she never mentioned it to me, pretended she didn't have one by repeatedly asking me for one, and keeps it at her house which is an hours drive away from mine at least in a different town. I've made her to give it me but I feel annoyed and violated and it's with an agency so getting locks changed isn't an option. She doesn't understand why this is annoying. She says there's no more 'keys' but that's not even the point really. Her intrusiveness is what is the problem. What on earth can I do?

She's 68 but always been like this since we were kids. And not just to me, she went through my bros ex girlfriends bag when she left it unattended, and she goes through people's drawers when at their houses.

TLDr: my mum went to my flat to drop some furniture for, went through everything and has just (6 weeks later) stated she had a key cut. I told her multiple times SINCE then I don't want her having a key.



Submitted June 19, 2022 at 03:35AM by Zigzagoonerus https://ift.tt/j8fn7u2
My(31f) invasive mum(68f) got a key cut to my flat and never told me about it. My(31f) invasive mum(68f) got a key cut to my flat and never told me about it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.