Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My GF is a little TOO independent. (Please read)

First of all, don’t take this post the wrong way. I love an independent woman that knows how to carry herself. That’s probably why I fell in love in the first place. Sometimes I feel like she doesn’t need me at all.

Currently I’ve been with my gf for two years, she first stayed at my apartment then decided she needed her own area and things. I was a little hurt by this but completely okay with everything. She got an office position in another town and drives to work everyday, making the long commute back to the town we live in. We see each other every other day now, before it was every-night. She’s in summer classes too which are majority online (which doesn’t make the situation better.)

I won’t go into a lot personal details but she had a very rough childhood that involved foster care, abusive households, and her parents moving out of the country. I understand all this and have been completely accepting of her needing personal space. Trust me, I’m the same way. I also know traumatic events can have lifelong scars.

There’s just times we go literally a week with no communication, she tells me she needs to be alone and to please understand, which I do but it hurts sleeping alone knowing the person I love is the same town, literally. One day I stopped all communication for a week and half and she never bothered to check up on me. That really hurt severely and I always have to act like I’m ok. If she called me I’d pick the phone up no what time it is or where I’m at.

I’ve already tried explaining to her once how I’m hurt by this and she pulled back completely, we took a break for 2 months. I’m worried if I bring this up again the same thing will happen. She’s a very trustworthy, good person, and we do love each other. Sometimes it just seems like if I died tomorrow she’d be moved on by the next week. That hurts severely but I know I can’t show it.....I’m 24 and she’s 23. Any advice going forward? Thanks.

Tl;Dr: It seems like my current gf does need me at all and it’s bothering



Submitted June 25, 2022 at 08:46PM by ah-98-2014 https://ift.tt/Xd1cESL
My GF is a little TOO independent. (Please read) My GF is a little TOO independent. (Please read) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.