Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28M) don’t want to help my (26F) partner go on a trip next weekend.

TLDR; my partner wants me to help pay for her trip that she knew about for 3 months, but waited until 3 weeks ago to make arrangements.

My partner has an important event that she has known about for about 3 months in advance. She waited until 3 weeks ago to book her flights, she’s taking out cash advances, to be able to afford her trip and pay her bills.

We live together with 2 children(1 & 4) In a house that’s in my name, I pay the mortgage, utilities, car insurance, gas , and about half of the groceries. Im on a tight budget and occasionally do gig jobs on top of my WFH job.

I am sure if I have been being petty. I am pretty burnt out these days between the kids, work, doing all of the house maintenance, and driving her to work 5 days a week. She has been pressing me to find a higher paying job or to get a job when she doesn’t work so she can afford this trip.

The thing is a few months ago we got a lot of money from our child tax credit. We split it 50/50. She has a chance to book this whole trip then but she blew all of her share of the money on shopping sprees and treating herself. She did buy a lot of essentials. I spent my share on catching up on bills/debt, a very costly car repair, home repair, and like 3 outfits from target.

So pretty much now she’s Worries that she won’t have enough money and expects me to come up with a plan in order for her to go. I already have her $150 this weekend.

Am I being petty for not wanting to make extra money for this trip?



Submitted June 25, 2022 at 09:54PM by lild30k https://ift.tt/uKRrgMP
I (28M) don’t want to help my (26F) partner go on a trip next weekend. I (28M) don’t want to help my (26F) partner go on a trip next weekend. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.