Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How would you feel if an old friend reached out to apologize?

TLDR; I was a jerk to my friend in middle school and want to apologize 14 years later. Should I do it or would that be weird?

I [27F]was a jerk to my friend (now also [27F]) in middle school. We were best friends in elementary school, and when we got to middle school, I basically ghosted her to hang out with the popular girls.

I’m 27 now, and all the 90s/2000s nostalgia posts have me thinking a lot about my past.

I know it would mean a lot to me if my old bullies reached out and apologized, but maybe that’s just me?

I want to send her a short “I’m sorry I was a jerk to you, and I hope your doing well” kind of message. But would that be weird to do so many years later?

I was mostly a nice kid, but she’s one person I know that I was unkind to, and it bothers me, and I’d like her to know that I’m sorry.

Should I send it, or should I leave it?

Edit: I’m waiting to send it for now since the comments seem pretty split. I’d personally be happy to hear an apology from some of my former bullies. That said, I know not everyone feels the same way. The reason I’d apologize to her is bc I know if someone did that for me, I’d feel better, so the intent really is for her, but it sounds like not everyone thinks of it that way.



Submitted April 26, 2021 at 11:05AM by Mother_Of_Felines https://ift.tt/3npYZSe
How would you feel if an old friend reached out to apologize? How would you feel if an old friend reached out to apologize? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.