Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me (40) and sister (30s) lost our Mum recently and now her partner of 8 years is saying he isn't sure he wants to be with her anymore. I want ways I can help and support her.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: My sister's partner is considering ending the relationship.

TLDR My sister and I lost our Mum recently and now my sister's partner is considering ending the relationship. I want ways I can help and support her.

I've put this on a throwaway as I think my sister knows my user name.

As the title says, I just want to help her. It's so frustrating and hurts to know she is going through this - I just want ways I can support her.

She called me today and told me what has happened. They have had a few conversations about the relationship and it has come to him saying he isn't sure this is what he wants anymore. He isn't giving her much more than that. He left to stay with his Dad and then next week he will be going to another city for a week for a course. My sister felt the time apart would be good for them and I agree. She just doesn't know where she stands right now as she has laid her cards on the table that she wants to be with him and is waiting for him to make a decision. Meanwhile she is alone at home apart from the dog, she also works from home.

She stands to lose her home she has worked so hard for - all this on top of losing our Mum 10 months ago. It is heartbreaking.

I'm looking at the financials for her so she knows her options going forward if he does decide to end it for good. I'm going to take some shopping and food over there for her on the weekend as she struggles with what to make for herself when she is alone.

I just don't know what else I can say and do to support her. Any suggestions ?



Submitted April 27, 2021 at 09:38AM by throwaway290846 https://ift.tt/3aJTWH8
Me (40) and sister (30s) lost our Mum recently and now her partner of 8 years is saying he isn't sure he wants to be with her anymore. I want ways I can help and support her. Me (40) and sister (30s) lost our Mum recently and now her partner of 8 years is saying he isn't sure he wants to be with her anymore. I want ways I can help and support her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.