Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I(28F) told a dumb lie to (27M) on the first date and now I can’t find a way out of it

So, about six weeks ago I(28F) met a guy(27M) at a coffee shop, he was really funny and cute and we talked for hours and then exchanged numbers.

I was kind of on the fence about him. I’ve been single for a couple years now, the last relationship I was in fucked me up and I wasn’t really interested in dating when I met this guy, and he’s not the type of person I usually go out with, and I thought about just ending things there. But then I also thought....maybe it’d be good for me to go on a couple dates, even if I thought there was no future in it, so I called him and we got together.

The first couple dates were a little weird, not bad, just not what I was used to, and in my mind I had one foot out the door, fully thinking “oh this is just some care free fun” and then he told me he had an upcoming job opportunity on the other side of the country and that he’d be leaving soon and I felt even better about my foot being out the door given that there was a natural stop watch. So, because of these circumstances....I lied to him.

It was a dumb lie, he asked me where I lived and I told him I lived alone in an apartment, when really I’ve been living with my parents for the last six months and I was embarrassed. When I told him this lie I fully thought we weren’t gunna last past a couple dates, but now it’s been over a month, his job opportunity has been paused because of the new COVID surge, and he keeps asking if we can go to my place. I’ve told a couple smaller white lies to maintain that lie, and I feel awful every time I do, I feel like I keep digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole and I feel fucking terrible. Right now I feel like all I can really do is either break up with him or come clean and hope he doesn’t break up with me.

I can’t see any other ways out. Does anyone else? Have any of you been lied to about dumb shit like this? Did you forgive the liar? I need advice.

TL;DR: I told a lie on a first date thinking there wouldn’t be a second date and now it’s been six weeks and I can’t maintain the lie anymore



Submitted April 28, 2021 at 12:14PM by Useful2464throwaway https://ift.tt/3nuVRV0
I(28F) told a dumb lie to (27M) on the first date and now I can’t find a way out of it I(28F) told a dumb lie to (27M) on the first date and now I can’t find a way out of it Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.