Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is different sense of humor worth breaking up? Need advice

25(F) 25(M). I dont know what to think about my boyfriends sense of humor. I always thought of myself as a funny person and my friends always told me the same, but with him I seem boring as hell. When I tell a joke, he turns it into a lecture somehow explaining how it doesnt make sense and using all logic to ruin it. I kinda stopped joking because its quite draining to have your every joke ruined or overexplained.

But its not that that concerns me, but his sense of humor that he describes as "dry humor" but it is kinda offensive??? Im not easy to get offended as I joke about myself all the time but his jokes sound really harsh and sometimes I really dont know how to react and then he calls me "lacking a sense of humor". For example he criticizes every single thing I do, how I did my bed, how I park my car, how I got my nails done, how I served the table, how i cooked lunch - he wont pay me a compliment but he'll say its EATABLE .. If I bring him the wrong glass or make him coffee differently, he says "you just cant do anything right, can you" "move, i'll do it myself, a man cant rely on you for nothing" blabla - if I dont laugh he says " im joking HHAHA" and laughs at himself. But its nonstop. He makes comments like "aah i would explain it to you, but your brain cant grasp that", or trying to explain to me where to park my car and I ask him why is he telling me that because I know where to park hahah and he goes with a comment like "your female brain cant operate those things thats why i have to explain everything ha ha ha". Then he makes jokes how I'll never be able to beat him at any argument because he will always have better puns and arguments even if he's not right ha ha ha "IM JUST BEING REALISTIC"

He was also forcing a lot of jokes about other girls and waited to see my reactiom to it. For example "oooohh xy posted a story" "you wont be going to the gym with me? yess i can finally talk to. other girls heheh", me showing him a picture of my friemd with her baby, he says "cute baby, even cuter baby mama" He always waits for my reaction, and since I dont have any (I find that annoying and childish) he tries to make a reaction out of it. Then I tell him he's boring and that he should just stop because its not funny, he tells me that I cant take a joke. AAGHHH IM NOT EVEN JEALOUS, ITS NOT FUNNY. I know that he's faithful because we basically live together and he is very introverted and barely uses social media at all. He says that only to get on my nerves..

Every once in a while he tells me that Im the smartest person he knows, and that above all that Im gorgeous and everything he wished for, but most of the time he just finds flaws in everything I do or he just wont let me do anything because he can do everything better.

For the record, I have a degree in medicine, work as a doctor, I have my own car, pay for my own apartment and I was always considered smart and successful. He tells his friends how he admires me and loves me to death, but always brings me down. He explained that criticizing, nagging and cynicism are his way of joking and that I dont have a GOOD sense of humor like he does. Its just annoying to me. I dont know. Anyone had similar experiences?

TL;DR - My boyfriend thinks his humor is very funny and appropriate but it makes me roll my eyes so hard.



Submitted April 28, 2021 at 01:52PM by smilekitic https://ift.tt/3ueL2cc
Is different sense of humor worth breaking up? Need advice Is different sense of humor worth breaking up? Need advice Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.