Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Depressed spouse is bringing me down

I (30) am having a really tough time navigating my 7 year marriage with my husband (32). He has been depressed for years, not enough that it stops him from working but enough that he easily snaps at me and our daughter. It’s like walking on eggshells 24/7.

He spends hours napping through the day and I’m left to take care of the house- cooking, cleaning and caring for our child. If I ask him to sort laundry or vacuum he will do it but huff and puff and swear under his breath the entire time. It’s just easier to do everything myself because his mood makes me upset and I can’t handle it.

I had a life altering accident happen to me a year ago from which I have physically recovered around 90%, I consider myself resilient but I’m tired by the end of the day. After dealing with a toddler all day I just don’t have capacity to also deal with his emotions. Not only that but I start to feel depressed because the person I’m married to is just so sad.

His doctor has recommended therapy but he hasn’t gone. He went years ago and said it wasn’t helpful. I told him he needs to do something about it because not only is our marriage suffering but his relationship with our daughter is rough because of it. I love him but he is definitely not the same person he was when I married him.

How do I not let his mood effect mine? It’s wearing on me heavily.

TLDR; husband depressed and it’s really wearing on my emotions



Submitted April 25, 2021 at 05:57PM by Cherrylover369 https://ift.tt/3dMODZn
Depressed spouse is bringing me down Depressed spouse is bringing me down Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.