Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My significant other was cast in a reality show

I'm not sure if this is the correct subreddit to post this bc I haven't been able to find much on this topic.

My significant other [30M] has recently been cast on a popular reality tv series that will probably air within the next year. I cannot disclose which show but it is competition-based with prize money. Filming has not started yet either. I am extremely happy and excited for them to take on this incredible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and have reassured them that I will be there by their side as they start this new journey. We're both huge fans of the show so this is basically like a dream come true for them and I cannot be more thrilled. I also will admit that I am a tiny bit jealous because I too would love this opportunity as well.

I'm just looking for some advice as a significant other, who will have to live with my partner's newfound fame and status and I am a bit nervous that this will affect the future of our relationship. I trust my partner fully, they haven't done anything to make me question their loyalty to me. This is also my first relationship where I've fallen in love and am still new to getting used to being treated right. (past relationships/dating history hasn't been healthy). We have even discussed the conversation of marriage being in our future and building a life together. Because of things that have happened in my past relationships, my anxiety has caused me to come up with ridiculous scenarios in my head such as infidelity or them breaking off the relationship fully before the show airs or films.

I haven't discussed these feelings with them just yet because I don't want to bring down the mood of their excitement about this. I'm just a bit sad and nervous I'm going to lose my best friend/partner and want to know how to deal with them having a large online following and soon a big presence online. What are some healthy ways to bring up these feelings without causing conflict?

TL;DR: partner was cast in an upcoming reality tv series. I'm thrilled to see them living their dream but also am nervous this will affect our relationship. Advice??



Submitted April 29, 2021 at 08:49PM by JustAFriendlyNarwhal https://ift.tt/2QL3qev
My significant other was cast in a reality show My significant other was cast in a reality show Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.