Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I support my friend who's dad just died?

(faking names for anonymity)

Sarah and I used to be really close when we were kids. Right before we were supposed to start middle school together, her family moved away. After that we lost contact for awhile, but eventually found eachother on social media. Though we don't speak as often as we used to and don't hang out anymore, we do occasionally interact online.

Her dad, Chase, has been sick for a long time, nothing to do with COVID. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics of what exactly his condition was, but Chase has been in and out of the hospital for several months now. Sarah just announced on Facebook that he died today.

Chase was a really nice guy. Very upbeat and goofy from what I remember. Though I hadn't seen him in years, I still remember him fondly. I feel horrible for Sarah, and want to support her but I'm really at a loss for words here. To make this all worse, Sarah and I are graduating college in a few weeks and I cannot even imagine how stressful this all is on her.

Do you all have any advice? How do I best support her?

TL;DR: Friend's dad just died and I don't know how I can support her during this time.



Submitted April 25, 2021 at 01:07PM by jlm2299 https://ift.tt/3gEys20
How do I support my friend who's dad just died? How do I support my friend who's dad just died? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.