Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (30F) husband (32M) is distancing our son (4M) from me, and I’m starting to resent him for it.

We’ve been married for just over 6 years.

A year and a half ago I had a miscarriage. The best way I can describe what happened next was that I essentially had a mental breakdown. It wasn’t good for my son to see me like that, so I went to stay with my parents, at my husband’s insistence, while I got help and now, I’m much better.

I love my husband very much, but he can be controlling and rarely compromises. He has always wanted us to have a nanny full time, but I was against it. I didn’t want someone else to raise our son for us. I always give in to my husband’s demands and the nanny was the first and only time I refused to budge. So, after I had my breakdown, he took the opportunity to hire the nanny full time.

When I first came home, I thought things would go back to how they were, but he kept insisting I should “rest” and take things slow even though I was much better. It’s been around 8 months and he has barely let me spend time with our son and when I do, the nanny is always there. I understood it in the beginning, but now it feels like he intentionally did this to distance me from our son and that he’s pushing me out of his life. Part of me hates him for it but I don’t know what to do to stop it.

When I confided in my sister, she told me he was doing what was best for our son and then tattled on me to him. When we spoke about it, he just kept saying we needed to take things slow for our son’s sake but our son is happier when we’re spending time together, so I don’t believe him.

What do I do?

TL;DR – I had a mental breakdown after a miscarriage and went to stay with my parents while I got help. During that time my husband hired our nanny full-time. Since I’ve been back, he barely lets me spend time with our son and it feels like he’s pushing me out of his life.



Submitted April 29, 2021 at 01:54PM by ThrowRAmbs https://ift.tt/2Rc4Y0M
My (30F) husband (32M) is distancing our son (4M) from me, and I’m starting to resent him for it. My (30F) husband (32M) is distancing our son (4M) from me, and I’m starting to resent him for it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.