Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend had a bizarre reaction to my feminist rant 27f/27m

I was talking to my boyfriend about how happy I was that women are finally starting to get the recognition they deserve to have their natural beauty accepted and cherished, and how great it is that women are becoming more fed up with the ‘perfected sexualized’ and often times unhealthy image of ‘beauty’ promoted by the media. He became very defensive, saying that ‘women want to look good, they want to wear make up, they like plastic surgery,’ etc. When I mentioned, from a female perspective, that’s not always the case, and it’s set a really unhealthy and unfair standard for women, where many women inherently feel/believe they have to look a specific way, because of the very narrow way the media chose to portray women. He then got heated and began yelling at me how I chose to be abused by my former partners.

I was in two abusive relationships before, the second was very extreme and seriously ruined my life and health. For the years following, not a single day went by where I didn’t fear the safety of my life. It was hell.

I met my current boyfriend a year ago, and he was very kind and loving, sometimes he yells but that’s it. Overall, he’s been supportive and he knows about everything from my past.

When this happened, I just couldn’t believe it. My head still spins when I think of this. Am I overreacting? Is what I said too opinionated? Why would he say this?

TL; DR: Boyfriend had a bizarre reaction to my feminist rant and I am trying to make sense of it



Submitted April 27, 2021 at 05:57PM by ReadyShine1480 https://ift.tt/3aMb7rE
Boyfriend had a bizarre reaction to my feminist rant 27f/27m Boyfriend had a bizarre reaction to my feminist rant 27f/27m Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.