UPDATE: My (24F) ex girlfriend (29F) broke up with me due to her depression, and now she started dating someone new after only two weeks of our break up. I feel broken and stupid?
Original Post https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/hgqzkv/my_24f_ex_girlfriend_29f_broke_up_with_me_due_to/
First, I wanna thank all of you who commented and gave me advice and showed me some support! :)
So my ex kept on trying to reach out, probably once or twice a week, and I kept shutting her down. Like barely responding or not even doing it.
Until she contacted me asking me to settle some financial issues that we had between us, which was mainly the reason I did not want to completely block her. So of course, this is something that I couldn't ignore. After we talked about that issue and settled it, she immediately started opening up, asked me if I wanna watch a movie with her on face time (since each one of us is stuck in a different country), I politely said that no I do not want to do that. She told me that if I don't want her to talk to me, I should just say it because she feels like she is bothering me.
SO, I took my chance, and told her that it's about me needing space and time for myself and to heal from how much I got hurt. I told her the fact that she started dating barely two weeks after our break up, showed me that she was already cheating before we broke up. She responded by saying that the relationship status on FB is not true, and that she only put it so her co-workers stop messaging her and asking her out.
Now of course, I did not buy that, but I also did not comment. She is not my girlfriend anymore and that is not something that's my problem. But needless to say, I was happy that I did not message her and lash out on her when I was mad, angry and emotional.
I waited for my chance to come to me, and did it as briefly as possible.
Now she's been texting me almost everyday, and sometimes even reminding me of some of our memories together. Like the other day she texted me telling me that she remembered something funny that I did, in our favorite cafe (and that was the day and place I told her that I realized I was falling for her). I just laughed it off and went on with my day...
I honestly feel a bit better for knowing that I am no longer bothered by her, by what she did, and that I couldn't care less if she texts me or not...
TLDR; UPDATE for "My ex girlfriend broke up with me due to her depression, and now she started dating someone new after only two weeks of our break up. I feel like messaging her and telling her how much she destroyed me, but I don't think it's a healthy thing to do. Even though I have been a mess for keeping it to myself for over two weeks. I removed her from social media, but did not block her. Should I face her and talk to her about it?"
Submitted July 07, 2020 at 03:22AM by Lf2102 https://ift.tt/2Z4JRPt


No comments:
Post a Comment