Hello!
My mom committed suicide almost 4 years ago. I don't want to go into details, but she hide her depressing and didn't want to get some help. I was still living with my brother and parents when this happen.
Since then, I moved to another city because of school for one year, then came back to live with my father and brother for one year before moving in with my LTBF.
My relationship with my father was okay. I've always felt closer to my mom, but never had any problem with him.
It was important for me to gain my independance and really become 'an adult'. I know my father will be there for me and provide me emotional or financial support. He has a GF now and they bought a house. I respect her and I'm really happy for them.
Lately, my father has been distant. He talked more to my brother. He told me that the reason was that I reminded him too much of my mom and that it was difficult for him. He has a 'new life' and he'll never forget her. He said that seeing me made him sad, because it reminded him the absence of my mother. He told his GF and she said that I needed to know.
I am really confused.
Tl,dr: my father told me that I reminded him of my deceased mother. It makes him sad and he's distant because of that.
Submitted March 23, 2020 at 07:39PM by sally_burns https://ift.tt/2JdiE4o


No comments:
Post a Comment