We are social distancing apart from each other (I'm with my family and he's with his). We've been together for 2 years.
He's medically diagnosed with anxiety/depression/BPD. I also am clinically anxious and depressed but have been in an overall better state even before the quarantine.
This man is, and this is not an understatement, losing his shit. Which is perfectly reasonable all things considered. But I simply cannot take it anymore.
We text all day long, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep, and he will talk about how anxious he is, how he can't do anything, how he's binging on food, how he's afraid he's gonna die, having literal panic attacks. Which again I get it but also I've been doing my best to not let my own anxiety take over. I've been trying to exercise at home and keep my head occupied which he is unable to do due to his anxiety right now (and this gets him more anxious and it's a vicious cycle; if you're anxious you know what I'm talking about).
I'm about to lose it too. I really cannot stand his complaining and his anxiety all day long anymore. I'm typing this with a horrible feeling in my chest because I want to help but I really just don't know how anymore. I've tried telling him everything I know but at this point it's so exhausting I've been lying to him about napping just to avoid him.
TL;DR -- my boyfriend is extremely anxious about the whole world situation right now and it's affecting me badly. I have no patience anymore because nothing I say ever helps and I'm starting to feel anxious too. Help.
Submitted March 23, 2020 at 03:57PM by ScaryBuilding8 https://ift.tt/2WFQCqi


No comments:
Post a Comment