Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend keeps pressuring me into living together

My (25/F) boyfriend (31/M) keeps pressuring me into letting him move into my apartment. To be fair, we’ve been together for a year now and almost every night we’ve basically spent together whether it was his or my place. We initially had plans to move in together but honestly have a rocky relationship with a lot of communication problems that could be due to our age gap and differences in values. I told him the other week I wasn’t comfortable with us being on the same lease until our issues were more resolved and we could balance out household responsibilities better. I honestly do a majority of the cooking and cleaning, and I also have been paying for more things (groceries/meals) since having my new job, but I’m also a full time college student and I can’t keep doing this by myself. He works full time and helps here and there but doesn’t do nearly as much as I do when it comes to household work.

Last week I bought a new couch because his son (13/M) stays with him on weekends and I wanted him to have a more comfortable place to stay when they spend the night at my place. My boyfriend complained that it seemed like I had no intentions of getting a spot for his son to stay at my place since I have a spare room which could have his bed in it… but they don’t even live here?! I’m paying the full thing on my own (with the help of my parents). We did have the intention of setting up my boyfriend’s bed in the spare room (when we were going to live together) but we agreed to wait and now he still expects me to turn the spare room into a place where his son can stay. His son doesn’t even have his own room when he stays with him and I don’t understand why it should be my responsibility to take care of when he isn’t even able to do it himself. The other day when his son was over he told him to put something into his closet even after our discussions about not living together and it made me uncomfortable because now it’s putting the idea into his sons head that they will be living here. I don’t know what to do.

TLDR: boyfriend keeps pressuring me to let him and his son move in even though I expressed not wanting to move in together until our relationship issues get resolved



Submitted September 07, 2022 at 12:08AM by wohtevar https://ift.tt/K5OZNXp
Boyfriend keeps pressuring me into living together Boyfriend keeps pressuring me into living together Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.