Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25f) husband (31m) kind of talks me down in front of my friends

Hi everyone. I recently got married. We’ve been together for three years, and just recently moved together to a new city for his job and my school. I love my partner a lot, but I feel a little embarrassed when I bring him around my friends because he can start weird small arguments an”make fun” of me, which to me can feel like he’s complaining about me.

He tends to argue small things, whereas I’m very go with the flow and open to other viewpoints. Here’s an example. We were in the car with my best friend and her boyfriend the other day. Her boyfriend asked me how to get back to our house, so I told him. My husband started arguing and saying that wasn’t the correct way. I kind of shrugged and was like oh okay whichever, I just go this way because that’s how maps takes me. He kept arguing about it. My friend and her boyfriend looked at each other, and said something like “oops we didn’t mean to open a can of worms.” Later that night my best friend asked me if everything was okay between us. I feel like my husband normally does this with me, though.

Another example is tonight. We met up with a couple of my friends from my school, his first time meeting them. Apparently the first thing my husband asked when they were alone was if they get stressed because of school, and told them that I get very stressed. He shared a couple of times he felt I was stressed. I feel this isn’t the case, but regardless I feel embarrassed that he shared this with them. Later, they asked how we met and we were telling them, and every detail I said he kept arguing and saying it wasn’t correct. My friends also said something like, “oh no, we didn’t mean to start arguments” and joked about how it seemed like we had been married for years. I felt so embarrassed that a heartfelt story about how we met turned into something a little awkward, especially since we just got married recently so I still feel in the honeymoon phase and excited about our relationship. It felt so strange that he was correcting me, especially in an almost annoyed/aggressive way.

Any thoughts about why he might be acting like this? How can I bring it up, or is there a way I can better handle the situation? I try to just smile and laugh off when it happens.

TLDR: husband makes small arguments and complains about things I do in front of friends



Submitted September 23, 2022 at 10:46PM by ttttrowwwwawwwayy https://ift.tt/ZnHhUv0
My (25f) husband (31m) kind of talks me down in front of my friends My (25f) husband (31m) kind of talks me down in front of my friends Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.