Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

how do I deal with a boyfriend who doesn't get alone time?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years. We're both in college and lived together last year. Our schedules changed and we decided to move back home. He's now living at home with his parents and taking night classes and I'm living with my parents doing half remote classes and half in person where I commute to my school. We live about 20 minutes away from each other and spent the whole summer together like pretty much almost every day. Now that our classes have started we still make time for each other but he doesn't really get the I have my things going on and don't necessarily have the time to hang out everyday. Since his classes are at night, during the weekdays we only have time to see each other either before his classes or after. The past 2 weeks or so he's been coming over to my house straight after his classes and sleeping over here. Obviously I don't have a problem with that and I want to see him as much as I can but he's been coming over late at night to my house to sleepover 3-5 days in a row sometimes. I don't think it's a crime to want alone time especially since my nights and evening are when I like to unwind and do my own thing. We got in an argument because he asked if he was sleeping over again and I said no. He got all offended and said that I make no effort and he's the only one trying to make plans and I tried to explain that he doesn't need to sleepover every night. He doesn't get it and I feel bad because I don't want it to seem like I don't want to spend time with him, I do I just like some nights to myself and time to do my homework and what not without distractions , especially since we already see each other a lot on a regular basis. I don't know how else to communicate to him without it sounding mean that I don't need to see him every single day. He doesn't really have a need for his alone time so he doesn't mind being together 24/7 so he does't really get my pov.

tl;dr together with boyfriend for 2 years, spent whole summer together, school started he sleepovers at my house a lot/see each other a lot in general, got in a fight about me not having to see him everyday, how do I communicate I need alone time without sounding mean or hurting feelings?



Submitted September 12, 2022 at 06:43PM by wild-blueberry-6027 https://ift.tt/syP4jKO
how do I deal with a boyfriend who doesn't get alone time? how do I deal with a boyfriend who doesn't get alone time? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 13, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.