Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend hits himself when we fight

For some context, me (F25) and my boyfriend (M24) have been dating for 10 months. He is a very good person and treats me extremely well. He always shows me and tells me how much he loves me, and we rarely have big fights.

However, if we do fight and it’s specifically about something he did wrong, he begins to spiral. We got into a fight a few days ago about him accidentally liking a girls photo. I was very calm in my approach and just wanted clarification on why he liked it. He said he genuinely has no memory of liking the photo. I believed him and felt the conversation could be over at that point. He then started spiraling and saying he “ruined the best thing that’s ever happened to him” and he then deleted his entire instagram account because he said he never would allow this to happen again. I kept saying he didn’t need to do that and I didn’t want him to feel controlled in that way where he’d have to delete his social media. He continued to freak out, insisting that I wouldn’t look at him the same and that he didn’t deserve me. I keep assuring him this wasn’t true. He also said he hates himself and doesn’t deserve any happiness. He then started kicking stuff around and threw his soda can across the driveway. I have a history with violence from my childhood so in these moments I tend to freeze up and just try to calm him down. But he wouldn’t calm down, we went on a drive and he started punching himself in the head (causing him to bruise himself) and started screaming at the top of his lungs. I wasn’t scared of him hurting me but seeing him hurt himself terrified me.

It took about an hour for me to calm him down, and get him to re-install his social media. He said he would try to never do this again because he knows my history with violence but I just can’t stand when he gets like this. He’s normally such a calm person. Any advice on how to handle these types of situations would be helpful.

(Mind you this was all because of a dumb instagram like!)

TLDR: Boyfriend hits himself when he’s upset. I don’t know what to do.



Submitted September 25, 2022 at 06:16PM by Blackwidoww97 https://ift.tt/SXya2Qi
Boyfriend hits himself when we fight Boyfriend hits himself when we fight Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.