Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I cater for my sisters overweight partner without upsetting her?

Both my sister and her partner are very overweight. Mh sister is still pretty mobile but her partner can't walk for more than 5 minutes before she has to stop and catch her breath, and she has ongoing joint problems due to her weight. I live in a big city and don't have a car - doing anything requires walking for at least 20 minutes, and most things to do in the city (museums, parks, concerts, bars etc) would require much more walking and being on your feet most of the day. Last time we hosted them I took them to the zoo and they hated it because there was too much walking and she exascerbated a knee injury from being on her feet too long.

They want to come and visit again but I don't know what I can do with them. When I ask what they would like to do they mention museums, sightseeing and the theatre. I have found a theatre with seats on the bigger side so we can do that, but getting there will be a problem. A taxi is too expensive, especially as we have to get a big one so that we all fit. Museums will also be a lot of walking and being on their feet. Normally I'd take people on walks and to see the sights - I want to treat them like any other guests but I'm worried about their lack of mobility. I just don't think they are physically able to get to the things they want to do. Do I raise that there isnt really anything to do at my house that doesnt involve at least 30 minutes walking? Or do I just let them try to do them?

Tldr; my sisters partner is very overweight and struggles to walk. They want to visit but doing anything from my house requires at least 30 minutes of walking (I don't own a car). How do I organise their visit and do I raise it with them?



Submitted September 17, 2022 at 12:44AM by Argh2019 https://ift.tt/dcr7Eve
How do I cater for my sisters overweight partner without upsetting her? How do I cater for my sisters overweight partner without upsetting her? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.