Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Moved for the 9th time for fiance's job as a radio presenter; I [35F] feel like we can't seem to settle down long in one place, but he [33M] says he needs the money in this job and doesn't know how long he'll be there for.

I've been with my fiance for 9 years.

He's been a radio presenter/DJ for 15 years, his first on-air shift was aged 19. I've been with him since 2013 when he was 24 and I was 26.

I'm a hairdresser, worked since I was 16 in that trade, as a student.

We've moved 9 times since 2015, as he's kept getting new jobs; his mid-morning show 10am-3pm in Maine was lost to syndication so we moved for his job in September 2015 to San Antonio, he kept the job until August 2017 when they brought in a British guy to do his 10am-3pm show, and we had to move again, this time to Pittsburgh, where he did a drivetime show 3pm-7pm, and then during 2018-2019 he moved after a year, to a station across the state line in Parkersburg, WV for another drivetime show. But then the pandemic hit, and he took on a temporary gig voicetracking 7pm-midnight on a classic rock station in Chicago area, we moved to Chicago and were there until July 2022. Then he was replaced by a live presenter. Now we've moved again for a ninth time, this time to Nashua, NH for his latest radio gig. He's now double-shifting, covering drive 3pm-7pm on a station for now.

But here's the next big thing; his contract expires in 6 months time.

Now he's looking at a gig in England as a presenter in Lincolnshire, England doing 6pm-10pm weekday evenings in that county, for a major radio company.

That'd be a big move for us, and I don't think I could get a job as a hairdresser in England.

My big issue is it feels like we're never in one place for too long.

My fiance says he needs the money in his job and really likes what he does. I do, too, but want stability, my CV on LinkedIn is quite long due to all the moving about and I don't think it looks good to future employers.

As a couple, we get on really well; we're on the same page on the big stuff, but argue mostly over silly or small things. Both of us want to be child-free.

My husband told me that he feels he has to move for his work because it's a constantly evolving field and he needs good skills.

My problem with him moving to work for a station like Lincs FM is more social; I feel like I'm never in any one area long enough to form long-term proper friendships.

My husband has contacts but he hasn't seen them for years.

Outside of his radio job, he's the sort who enjoys an easy-ish life of golfing, cooking and watching television.

I do have worries about his planned job in England, can't find anything online about radio presenters as jobs you'd hire someone on a visa for, or whether he'd get it. I know in England syndication killed off most local stations due to Greatest Hits Radio in 2020, but Lincs FM survived this.

Am I so wrong as to want some sort of stability and worrying over my CV?

My husband is generally an easygoing good person but this worries me.

Help wanted!


tl;dr: We've kept moving over the years for fiance's job as a radio presenter and I want some stability.



Submitted September 17, 2022 at 03:17AM by Every_OGM_JFKW https://ift.tt/iydWXjV
Moved for the 9th time for fiance's job as a radio presenter; I [35F] feel like we can't seem to settle down long in one place, but he [33M] says he needs the money in this job and doesn't know how long he'll be there for. Moved for the 9th time for fiance's job as a radio presenter; I [35F] feel like we can't seem to settle down long in one place, but he [33M] says he needs the money in this job and doesn't know how long he'll be there for. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.