Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I want to have a good relationship with my mum

English isn’t my first language.

I (F19) am daughter of an immigrant mum(F50). My mum was only 30 when she moved to the west. And seeing her struggle fitting the new culture was disheartening. I could see how lonely she always felt. I have so much love for my mum and I want to be close like best friends. I always envy people who have close relationships with their mums. The reason why I cant be that close, is that my mum grew up in a culture where everyone was honest even if it’s insulting others. If I feel confident and send her pictures I have taken throughout the day, she will point everything wrong with the picture - “your smile looks weird here,” “you don’t look pretty here” etc. I know she doesn’t mean anything bad, but I’m already very insecure and I ONLY felt safe sending those pictures to her. It’s just, I want to be called pretty even if it’s not true. She constantly compares me to my friends or people my age, it’s just exhausting. I used to argue with my mum every-time these things happened, but now-days I always just go quiet and ignore it. And it feels rude but I feel like if I speak I will say things I will regret.And I admit I have said some hurtful things to my mum. Our relationship is slowly fading away, I barely call her and my mum is constantly the one calling. Every-time I’m having great time with her, she all of sudden points out things about me that she doesn’t like.

TL;DR I want to become close my mum but her personality doesn’t allow me to.



Submitted September 24, 2022 at 03:04PM by Dazzling_Hope_7842 https://ift.tt/Xg6HkAy
I want to have a good relationship with my mum I want to have a good relationship with my mum Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 25, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.