Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (19F) move on from being ghosted from an old friend? (19F)

Hello!

I just recently started university as a freshman in the summer, but haven’t started full time till the fall. I took a gap year beforehand, and this specific person didn’t. We have been close since middle school, and someone who I considered a sister to me growing up.

We did share some contact throughout my gap year/her first year up until December of last year. She was very understanding and shared a lot of how her college experiences has been. Then, she suddenly stopped messaging and I tried reconnecting before the fall semester start. No response unfortunately.

I’ve been conflicted ever sense, and am thankful to have a new group of friends I made during the summer and so far in the fall. It’s hard getting close to them because of being ghosted, but I acknowledge to not use this experience to dictate my new ones.

However, one day during a university event shortly after the first message, I see her again. All of the healing shattered at once. She looked shocked to see me and we didn’t exchange any words. Afterwards, I send her a dm which centers around wishing her well, and hoping that she is feeling mentally better while in university.

It’s been a month, and I didn’t receive any form of communication. I slowly heal again acknowledging that I may never get an answer, but suddenly on Monday I see her again. I was so happy to see her, but then was paralyzed with fear with knowing she didn’t wish to communicate any further. She looked away from me the whole time, and now I’m back at square one of my healing process again.

I wanted to ask with the context in mind, how do I move on? I plan on getting long-term therapy when I have my next psychiatric appointment, but it’s hard when she suddenly appears and has no interest in communication.

I cannot bring myself to be mad and fall for cognitive dissonance, but dealing with the emotions is what hurts, and the lack of a situation.

TLDR: How can I heal from being ghosted if this person reappears in my life, and still desire a reasoning as of why?



Submitted September 29, 2022 at 07:16AM by Sinnamon_Shenanigans https://ift.tt/1BSVlPr
How can I (19F) move on from being ghosted from an old friend? (19F) How can I (19F) move on from being ghosted from an old friend? (19F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.