Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Roommate Wants to Talk About A Bad Situation

Last month I (31f) was put in the very awkward and stressful position of being present when my roommate (29nb) was cut off from a friend group because of the latest in a series of emotional crises and sending them further into a mental and emotional spiral. Because I live with them, I get front row seats to the whole thing.

I get to field such questions as 'why did they do this?' and 'what are they saying about me?' and 'how do I fix this?' without any way of getting them to understand that, as much as it isn't fair, it's because of how they repeatedly and negatively responded to shitty situations. This is not the first time things got bad.

I am also so very burnt out by the cycle. I see the how and why everything went down the way it did but because of my roommate's view on things, they don't get that what they said and did in the midst of a crisis made a lot of people upset and scared. It's all just them being unfairly treated and persecuted. It's only natural that the group is going to pull back and not let them back into the group though.

Now, since then I know they've been getting professional help. I see them trying to keep their head above water. I try to be baseline present but, again, I am so burnt out from it all.

Now, a month after all this, they've asked to talk about what went down with me. I really don't want to. I have nothing I want to add or say and I worry that if I am asked to discuss it, it's just going to send them backward into the depression. It feels like they're picking at a scab they should be leaving alone.

How do I go into this conversation?

tl;dr Roommate wants to talk about what went down in our friend group a month ago that caused them to be cut off. I don't want to.



Submitted September 24, 2022 at 01:54PM by meloncatster https://ift.tt/U5GfqTg
My Roommate Wants to Talk About A Bad Situation My Roommate Wants to Talk About A Bad Situation Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 25, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.