Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

What do I do when my ex keeps telling our friends that we will get back together?

My ex (22M) and I (21F) broke up a little over a week ago. I initiated the breakup because he was putting a lot of pressure on me because he was insecure, and I was tired of feeling like his mom. He said some bad things to me during our relationship that I let slide at the time, and the way he treated me overall was really bad. We were dating for nearly a year, but after a while, I became so fed up and I decided to break up with him. All of our friends encouraged me to do it because it was better for both of us not to be in that situation anymore.

This past week he has been telling all of our friends (we’re in law school together and have the same friends) that this breakup is just us “taking a step back” and that “we will get back together when [he] changes.” He keeps asking them for advice, and they keep telling me about what he says. Everyone but him knows it’s over. Some have gone so far as to call him delusional. When I broke up with him I did not entertain any ideas of us getting back together. Instead, I told him that I was ready to move on and I hoped that we could be friends one day. He agreed and I thought we were done for good.

But now, everyone keeps telling me the way he’s talking is scary, and because they keep telling me I feel pressured to talk to him and reiterate more firmly that we’re over. However, I know that what he’s doing is not my problem, and I barely feel any empathy for him because of how he treated me.

I don’t know what to do, and I would appreciate any advice.

TL;DR - my ex keeps telling our friends that we will get back together, but I made it clear that I did not want that. My friends keep telling me about what he’s saying and now I feel pressured to talk to him and reiterate that we are done. What should I do?



Submitted September 20, 2022 at 05:12PM by Sakara_vvv https://ift.tt/t3NZhrd
What do I do when my ex keeps telling our friends that we will get back together? What do I do when my ex keeps telling our friends that we will get back together? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 21, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.